When We Are Closed
When the surgery is closed your call will be diverted to our out-of-hours service.
A health professional will return your call if it is felt a consultation is necessary, then the patient will be asked to visit their clinic unless it is considered inadvisable for medical reasons for the patient to travel.
NHS 111 makes it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services in England. You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time.
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
Rouen House, Rouen Road, , Norwich - Tel. 01603 611786
This NHS Walk-in Service is open from 08:00 to 20:00 seven days a week. This service may be accessed, without charge, by anyone entitled to NHS Services. Foreign visitors to the UK can also be seen but there may be a charge.
The main services offered at The Centre on a walk-in basis are:
- Blood pressure checks
- Coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms
- Information on staying healthy and health promotion
- Minor cuts and wounds - dressings and care
- Muscle and joint injuries - strains and sprains
- Skin complaints - rashes, sunburn and headlice
- Stomach ache, indigestion, constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea
- Support for stopping smoking
- Treatment of minor infections
- Women's health problems, thrush and menstrual advice
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.