Welcome to Newmarket Road Surgery
There is wheelchair access through the main surgery door at the rear of the building. Patients can be seen in a downstairs consulting room if they cannot manage the stairs.
We do have a small car park at the back of the surgery but it is not large and so there are very limited parking spaces. It does get extremely busy, especially in the mornings, so if you can get to the surgery using other forms of transport apart from the car we would encourage you to do so.
ORDERING REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS STOPPING TELEPHONE REQUESTS
This practice will NOT be accepting telephone requests for repeat prescriptions from Monday 4 September 2017.
This is for reasons of patient safety, as more medication errors occur through this method of ordering than any other, and is in line with best practice advice from the Care Quality Commission.
YOU CAN ORDER BY:
- Accessing our on-line service via the practice website.
- www.newmarketroadsurgery.co.uk Come into the surgery with 2 forms of ID ( one photographic and another with a valid address), and the receptionist will guide you through the process.
- By Post – if you leave us a supply of stamped addressed envelopes at the surgery we are very happy to post your prescription back to you.
- Dropping off your repeat order slip (attached to your prescription), with the items you would like to re-order clearly marked, into the box on the reception counter.
- Many pharmacies operate a collection service from our surgery. Please contact your local pharmacy for further information.
PLEASE ALWAYS ALLOW 48 HOURS/2 WORKING DAYS BEFORE COLLECTING YOUR REPEAT PRESCRIPTION.
Click here to view Leaflet
Our new practice arrangements
Our surgery has begun working in much closer partnership with St Stephens Gate Medical Practice. We have begun a ‘soft merger’ which means we can share accommodation, staff, services and data systems.
Our doctors, nurses and all our practice team are getting busier, so by sharing what we do, we can manage increasing demand better.
What does it mean for me?
All clinicians will remain the same, and you will still be able to arrange appointments for emergencies, appointments, visit requests and all other queries. We are planning to widen the opportunities to see different people when appropriate and access different services. We will tell you more as this develops.
.Named Accountable GP
All patients at the surgery are able to see any GP of their choice but each patient has a named accountable GP on their clinical record. If you wish to know who your named GP is, then please ask at reception. The named GP has overall responsibility for you but please feel free to request an appointment with any doctor who may be available.
Notice regarding Online Services
Please note: SystmOne only allows access from UK IP addresses therefore you will not be able to log in to online services if you are not in the UK.
(Site updated 14/08/2017)